Serenex: Stress Control
Applications for Health Improvement
- May help promote sense of inner calm
- Supports physical reserves and a healthy response to stress
- Concentrated form of a Traditional Chinese botanical formulation
- May support healthy endocrine and neurological function
120 Vegetarian Capsules
Herbs have been used traditionally and are used currently across a wide range of cultures to support health and well-being. The synergistic blend of herbs in Serenx has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). This blend has been used for supporting peace of mind and serenity in the face of everyday stressors and circumstantial stressors that individuals may experience later in life.
This unique product contains a concentrated form of a traditional Chinese botanical formulation designed to help maintain balance between body systems and promote a sense of inner calm. Used historically and in present-day China, this combination of herbs helps support endocrine function and a healthy response to stress. This herbal blend is often used by individuals having difficulty resting or those with exhausted physical reserves. A partial listing of herbs included in the formula are listed below.
Rehmannia root and Scrophularia root are two closely related herbs with similar supportive uses. Rehmannia is a prized herb in TCM and an extensively studied plant in modern pharmacognosy. Research studies suggest that this valuable herb supports several vital systems in the body, including the cardiovascular, immune, endocrine, and nervous systems . It has been used specifically to support adrenal function, hormone balance, and a healthy journey through menopause. Scrophularia is present to complement the positive effects of Rehmannia.
Schisandra fruit is an extensively studied adaptogen used for increasing energy and supporting the body’s natural resistance to stress. By definition, an adaptogen can decrease sensitivity to stressors while promoting stress resistance and systemic equilibrium .
Asian Ginseng root is used as a general tonic to strengthen the body and restore vitality. It is used traditionally to support the body’s normal response to stress, maintain robust energy and alertness, support neurological health and balance, and promote healthy sleep patterns. Ginseng stimulates the pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which stimulates adrenal activity [3,4].
- Zhang RX, Li MX, Jia ZP. Rehmannia glutinosa: review of botany, chemistry and pharmacology. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 May 8;117(2):199-214. Review. [PMID: 18407446]
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Effects of adaptogens on the central nervous system and the molecular mechanisms associated with their stress-protective activity. Review. Pharmaceuticals. 2010;3(1):188-224. doi:10.3390/ph3010188.
- Chen J, Chen, T. Ren Shen. Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology. City of Industry, CA: Art of Medicine Press; 2004:835-40.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Ginseng, Panax. MedlinePlus. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1000.html. Updated December 11, 2012. Accessed March 26, 2013.