Reduce Cholesterol and Lower Your Heart Disease Risk Profile
I want to thank each and every one of you. Many of you are probably asking, what have we done? Well, let me tell you. Your response to these weekly health updates has been nothing short or phenomenal. So many of you have supported my efforts by calling and ordering supplements, books or sending e mails. When I hear from you and you respond, it makes me realize that all the time I have spent on research and writing is appreciated. So thank you again.
Not too long ago, Sharon and I were doing a T. V. taping on her new cookbook, Healthy Country Cooking. What my wife and I have decided, it's easier to get folks to change their diets and thereby their health by taking small steps over a longer period of time, than trying to do everything at once. One of my fellow speakers, Jim Rohn said it so succinctly, you can't whip a U-turn with the Queen Mary luxury cruise ship. Changes in course and directions have to be made subtlety. That's my goal for each of you. I want you and your family to realize that it doesn't have to be hard to be healthy. It doesn't have to be miserable. It can be fun and rewarding. But you need to make a decision. I mean lets say if you are 20-30-40-50 pounds overweight and you feel terrible, how bad does it have to get before you decide to make different choices? Remember the choices you have made have given you your current results. One definition of insanity is to expect different results from the same action. Always remember we are literally what we eat! Our bodies do their best to break down and absorb nutrients from the food we eat to build healthy cells. The problem is that much of our food has no nutritional value. Our bodies simply cannot make healthy cells. We literally live and die at the cellular level, many of our cells become sick and die from the lack of nutrients.
Before I start on having a healthy heart, there are several of you that have had questions about the supplements I recommended for burning body fat. Apparently I got too technical on what the products do and some of you wanted me to make it simpler.
So here it goes;
Ultimate Multiple:An easily absorbed biologically assimilated multiple vitamin that everyone can use. This is the best multiple on the planet period! If you want a product that will make you feel better and feed your cells, this is it. You will feel better in 30 days.
Fit Food Protein:Stops blood sugar swings. You don't get as hungry so you stop bingeing especially at night.
Cinnamon Extract:Helps to burn fat and carbohydrates at the cell level, stokes the bodies calorie-burning furnace.
CLA-1:A true fat burner, especially cellulite and abdominal fat. This is the real deal.
H. G. H. Stimulate:Makes you feel younger with more vitality and it burns fat and dramatically increases x-drive in men.
OK, lets talk about getting a healthy heart. If you want to avoid a stroke, heart attack or dying from Americas #1 killer, you probably need to forget all the mainstream information you have heard. The truth of the matter is very eye opening. Heart disease was basically unheard of in 1910. Only causing about 3000 deaths annually in the United States by 1930. 500.000 deaths, by 1960 and despite spending hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars since then it has never decreased below that level. Several years ago the rates hit 1 million per year, one every 33 seconds. Many of us have realized something is wrong, very wrong.
First let me tell you why there was such a huge spike from 1930 - 1960. That was the era junk food (processed) production went crazy in this country. That is also the era that hydrogenated oils were first used. Hydrogenated oils , were first used as a substitute for butter. During the war there was a scarcity of butter. What scientists discovered was if they took corn oil and heated it then bubbled hydrogen through it using nickel as a catalyst, they could take the liquid corn oil and turn it into a solid fat (Crisco). Then yellow food coloring could be added producing a butter substitute, (margarine). The problem is this type of fat is not found in nature. It is called a trans fat and is extremely toxic. It causes heart disease, cancer and infertility just for starters. Finally this year the USDA has required all manufacturers to list the amount of trans fat in their product. However some of the manufactures have already found ways to hide this on their labels.
So here's the fact, the processed foods that we are eating are causing almost all of the deaths from cardiovascular diseases. Notice I have not mentioned cholesterol, tryglycerides or blood pressure. That's right, because these three can be controlled through dietary changes. By the way, half the people who die of heart attacks have normal blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. Many of them just prior to dropping dead have had physicals, EKG's and stress tests showing that their hearts were in great shape. Interestingly the major drug companies don't want you to have these statistics. I wrote in my book Maximum Energy (which by the way is an international best seller covering in detail the top ten foods never to eat) about a coach I had in high school. His name was Tom Bowman. He was a great guy. One day I was speaking to him in the local gym telling him how good he looked. His comment was I'm 62 years old. The doctor told me I have the body of a 42 year old. He was curling 150 pounds for 10 reps. He was amazing. Three days later, he was dead. He had a massive heart attack. The entire community was devastated.
While the medical community in confusion, has known about unprecedented, heart attack rates for years, they literally have not known why. Well I've got good news for you, a new study out of Paris is shedding light on people, primarily men, who are dropping dead from heart attacks for no apparent reason.
It seems from the Paris study that one if not the primary problems is that these victims have high levels of Non-esterified fatty acids (NEFA) in their blood. It can cause dangerous ventricular dysrhythmias if you have coronary artery disease and low oxygen delivery to your heart. STOP! Don't start fussing. I know what you are thinking. He's doing it again. I don't want this technical stuff. I'm not a biochemist. OK, you re right. I'll make it easy. By the way, just for the old university memories, I do enjoy talking and writing like that. But I have a confession to make, my wife always fusses at me when I do. So here's the bottom line. High levels of NEFA's are caused by too much omega 6 in the diet. Remember I warned you about Omega 6 in my 5 health tips from last weeks e- mail. Omega 6 comes from corn, safflower, sunflower and canola oils.
So here's what I recommend for a healthy heart. By the way, I take these every day. (If you want to order these from my office, please call my office Monday through Friday, 9 - 5 EST. Our number is 1-800-726-1834, or visit our web site, www.healthmasters.com.)
1. Start taking the Cod Blue Ice everyday. I recommend you take the product you read about in part 2 of this newsletter. Taking one teaspoon once or twice a day, literally improves vascular integrity and provides anti-inflammatory effects. Remember cardio-vascular disease has been linked to inflammation. One of the bio markers that are used to identify early warning signs of potential cardiovascular disease is called CRP (C-Reactive protein). This inflammatory marker indicates potential cardio-vascular disease. Notice that I really haven't talked much about cholesterol in this newsletter. Here's why, cholesterol is an anti-inflammatory product that reduces inflammation. The body produces cholesterol as a defense mechanism to reduce inflammation. So what does mainstream medicine do?
It gives us statin drugs to reduce our cholesterol. These statin drugs cause muscle wasting (Myopathy) which makes the heart disease much worse, plus they cause cancer. Fish oil lowers CRP naturally, which then gets the body to reduce cholesterol to a normal level.
It really is that simple. Now if you are taking prescription drugs. Don't stop. Go to your doctor to have him help you reduce or eliminate your dosage. If he won't help, find a medical doctor who will. If you are still worried about cholesterol, there are two products, which work great without causing myopathy.
2. Body Balance HEMMLA - Helps lower cholesterol. Healthmasters HEMLA is an omega-3 Phospholipid concentrate. Super Critical-Solvent Free Extraction
Highest Yield of Phospholipid, EPA/DHA and Astaxanthin. Healthmasters HEMLA is the First Medical Food Sourced from Krill.s. The cost is $70.00 for 60 capsules.
3. Cholesterol-X - It is policosanol and a patented magnesium chelate. This acts to reduce cholesterol without causing side effects. It helps to reduce the livers production of cholesterol. The cost is $24.98 for 60 capsules.
4. Super Potent E - This is a mixed tocopheral product, which is high in gamma E. This is the most potent E to protect against LDL cholesterol (the bad one) breakdown. When you oxidize or breakdown the LDL cholesterol it's like turning little razor blades loose in your arteries. This oxidized LDL cholesterol actually creates lesions (little cuts) in the blood vessels. These little cuts then form scars, which can cause blockages in the arteries, heart disease and heart attacks. I recommend 1600 i u for men and 800 i u for women daily. By the way, I have been taking 1600 i u for 25 years. The study several years ago saying E was bad used chemically produced cheap synthetic E. No study has ever shown that natural mixed tocopheral E does anything but good. The cost is $19.00 for 60 capsules.
5. Magnesium and Malate Acid - These are natural muscle relaxants. Which help to lower blood pressure. It also uses patented albion chelate minerals, which are absorbed by the body as food. Remember metallic minerals are rock and are absorbed very poorly by the body. I go into detail on the different types of minerals in my home study series "Forever Fit at 20 -30 -40 -50 and beyond. Magnesium also helps to lower blood pressure and allows more oxygen to be delivered to the heart. If your taking Cholesterol-X you won't need this. The cost is $26.95 for 120 capsules.
6. Use foods high in Omega 3 such as fresh wild Salmon (never use farm raised Salmon). Also good plant sources are leaf lettuce, Flax seeds and Walnuts. Plus, remember to use Olive oil, Grape seed oil, Coconut oil or organic butter in your cooking. It's important to get as much Omega 3 as possible.