80% Cacao Gourmet Pure Dark Chocolate
Single - Origin Chocolate from the Rainforests of Honduras
Each bar is made using socially-responsible production practices and only heirloom quality, organically-grown cacao and pure cane sugar—no chemicals, pesticides, preservatives or additives.
This extra dark chocolate bar contains 80% cacao, loaded with nutrients; especially magnesium. Rich with complex chocolate flavors.
Health Benefits of Using Cacao
1) Cacao contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea! The protective flavonoids in organic cacao powder can protect cells against damage by free radicals. Researchers at Cornell University found that a cup of cocoa contains nearly twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration in a cup of black tea. These findings are published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
2) Organic cacao powder is rich in flavonoids which can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study published in 2005 found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3) Cacao is a natural mood booster because it stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain. Feeling a little blue? Cacao also contains anandamide which leaves us feeling blissful and elevates our happiness levels.
4) Cacao powder is a brain food. The journal Neurology published preliminary research suggesting that cacao may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5) Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium, which aids over 300 chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium supports everything from cardiovascular function to bone health. A one-ounce serving of cacao powder contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Non-GMO 2.7 oz bar.
Ingredients: Naturally Grown Cacao, Pure Cane Sugar