Applications for Health Improvement
- Supports Healthy Testosterone Levels
- Supports Healthy Libido and Performance
- Supports Overall Vitality
- Optimizes Physical Strength and Endurance
- Supports Cognition
60 Vegetarian Capsules
Testoplus new and improved formula features two safe, clinically-tested, standardized, and patented ingredients designed to support vitality and general physical and mental well-being in both men and women. Numerous studies have demonstrated that PrimaVie® shilajit and LJ100® (Eurycoma longifolia) support healthy androgen biosynthesis, which includes modulating the influence of sex hormone-binding globulin.
Five percent of males aged 40-50 years and as many as 70% of males over 70 years are confronted with “hypogonadism.” Low testosterone levels have been associated with a decline in libido, erectile dysfunction, lack of energy, less physical strength and endurance, loss of height, decreased enjoyment in life, low mood, feeling grumpy, falling asleep after dinner, and decreased work performance [1,2]. Some studies suggest that low testosterone may also contribute to cognitive decline [3,4]. Most circulating testosterone is bound to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). Only the lesser amount of testosterone not bound to SHBG is considered bioavailable .
Shilajit is a naturally occurring, mineral-rich phytocomplex with many bioactive components, including fulvic acids. It comprises rock humus, rock minerals, and organic substances that have been compressed by layers of rock mixed with marine organisms and microbial metabolites . Shilajit has a rich history of use in Indian ayurvedic and siddha medicine as a health and wellness optimizer. It is known as a rasayana because of its rejuvenating qualities, which include heightening physical performance and relieving fatigue .
PrimaVie® shilajit at a dose of 250 mg/capsule consumed twice daily after major meals for 90 days was evaluated in 75 healthy male volunteers aged 45-55 for its testosterone secretion efficacy and its stimulation effects. This double-blind placebo-controlled study revealed that PrimaVie shilajit, when compared to placebo, significantly (P < 0.05) increased total testosterone, free testosterone, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). The levels of testosterone synthesis-supportive gonadotropic hormones were well-maintained .
LJ100® Eurycoma longifolia root (Malaysian ginseng) is considered a tonic and an adaptogen for supporting healthy libido, energy, sports performance, and weight management by promoting healthy testosterone levels and freeing testosterone from SHBG. Eurypeptides activate the CYP-17 enzyme, which plays a key role in production of DHEA, progesterone, testosterone, and pheromone via the metabolism of pregnenolone. A systemic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies (n = 139) concluded that the herbal extract “may have clinical effect on erectile function. However, more efficacy trials are warranted to further support current evidence. ”
LJ100® safety and efficacy is backed by animal and at least 12 human clinical studies. Compound isolation, a patented waterextraction process, and technologically advanced manufacturing methods ensure the purity of this ingredient and allow for the capture of the potent, biologically active eurypeptides.
A randomized, placebo-controlled, two-month study (n = 20) focused on the outcomes of LJ100 on various parameters in male volunteers aged 38-58 who had varied health conditions and consumed either a placebo or 200, 400, or 600 mg of LJ100. The herb-consuming volunteers showed improvement in sexual desire and performance. Also, testosterone and DHEA levels were high-normal when compared to baseline; HDL cholesterol improved; those who had type-2 diabetes showed improvement in blood glucose levels; and insulin-like growth factors (IGF-1) were high-normal (lower levels of IGF-1 are correlated with higher body fat) .
The benefits of LJ100 are not limited to males or particular age groups. Two studies, one in middle-aged and one in senior males and females, demonstrated the herb’s promotion of healthy fitness, vitality, and vigor concomitant with an increase in free testosterone and a decline in SHBG [10,11].
In summary, it appears that the combination of these two herbs supports healthy testosterone levels in men and women which, in turn, supports vitality, virility, and vigor.
This product goes together very well with our Tribulus Fuel.
1. Korenman SG, Morley JE, Mooradian AD, et al. Secondary hypogonadism in older men: its relation to impotence. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990 Oct;71(4):963-969. [PMID: 2205629]
2. Vermeulen A, Kaufman JM. Diagnosis of Hypogonadism in the aging male. Aging Male. 2002 Sept;5(3):170-6. [PMID: 12471777]
3. Beauchet O. Testosterone and cognitive function: current clinical evidence of a relationship. Eur J Endocrinol. 2006 Dec;155(6):773-81. [PMID: 17132744]
4. Wahjoepramono EJ, Asih PR, Aniwiyanti V, et al. The effects of testosterone supplementation on cognitive functioning in older men. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2016;15(3):337-43. [PMID: 26553159]
5. Mayo Clinic. Test ID: TTFB. Testosterone, Total, Bioavailable, and Free, Serum. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpreti ve/83686. Accessed April 20, 2017.
6. Pandit S, Biswas S, Jana S, et al. Clinical evaluation of purified Shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers. Andrologia. 2015 Jun;48(5);570-5. [PMID: 26395129]
7. Surapaneni DK, Adapa SR, Preeti K, et al. Shilajit attenuates behavioral symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome by modulating the hypothalamicpituitary-adrenal axis and mitochondrial bioenergetics in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Aug 30;143(1):91-9. [PMID: 22771318]
8. Kotirum S, Ismail SB, Chaiyakunapruk N. Efficacy of tongkat ali (Eurycoma longifolia) on erectile function improvement: systematic review and metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. Complement Ther Med. 2015 Oct;23(5):693-8. [PMID: 26365449]
9. Tambi MI, Kadir AB. LJ100, a potent adaptogen, maintains healthy aging in men. Int J Androl. 2005;28(suppl 1): 25-44.
10. Sarina MY. Effects of strength training and LJ100 supplementation on strength and muscle size in middle-aged women. Presented at: 4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Exercise and Sport Science & 8th International Sports Science Conference; July 15-17, 2009; Malaysia.
11. Henkel RR, Wang R, Bassett SH, et al. Tongkat ali as a potential herbal supplement for physically active male and female seniors—a pilot study. Phytother Res. 2014 Apr;28(4),544–550. [PMID: 23754792]