Sharon Broer’s Skin Care Protocol
This posting is going to be slightly different than normal. My wonderful mother, Sharon Broer, and I have worked together by evaluating, designing, and constructing her skin care protocol so that we can bring it to the website.
As with most other health topics, there are things you can do to help your skin. I recently posted an article titled “More Benefits of Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Skin Health, Memory, Nerves, Inflammation, Heart Disease” in which I described the anti-aging benefits of alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) and how helps reduce wrinkles and smooth skin; however, there are many more products which are helpful for healthy skin.
Perhaps one of the essential point to note is that your skin is going to visually represent what you eat, meaning if you eat healthfully and nutritiously, your skin is going to show it; if you don’t? Well, your skin is going to show it – it is only a matter of time.
Stress also seems to play a significant factor in skin health. To read more about the effects of cortisol, your body’s stress hormone, read “Cortisol’s Effects and How to Reduce it Naturally.”
I also must admit: my mom has her protocol tuned in. I still think it is funny when we go to the Bealls store on Tuesdays for the 15%, 50 and Fabulous discount, and even though my mom is 62 years old, she still gets carded.
It is also important to note that skin health is not something that will magically change over time. Just like how slowly hair grows, skin health takes a while to kick in.
Below, I will list the supplements my mom takes. There are two sections with the first being beauty oils and the second being skin supplements. I will hyperlink all the titles, so if one interests you, you can click on it and go straight to the product page.
1 x Tablespoon Old-Fashioned Cod-Liver Oil
2 x Evening Primrose Oil Capsules
2 x Flaxseed Oil Capsules
2 x CLA Capsules
2 x Borage Oil Capsules
2 x Regeneration Capsules
2 x Pycnogenol Capsules
2 x Scoop of Ultimate Multiple Powder
4 x Excellent C
1-2 x Bottle of Red Panax Ginseng Extra Strength. (The bottles are tiny.)
Along with the noted supplements, there are also a few other things you can do to help develop healthy skin. They are below:
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily, so if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water a day in addition to all the other liquids you may drink.
- Use clean, pure skincare with no additives. Healthmasters offers a fantastic line of skincare products where the first ingredient is Aloe Vera, not water like most other companies. To see the whole list, scroll down to the bottom of this page, and see all the "Vive" products. At night, you can put a little Frankincense mixed with Rose Hip oil on your face under my Vive Facial Cream.
- Do facial yoga. You can find tutorials on YouTube. You can even do it while you are working out.
- Do cardio & and workout 3 to 5 times a week. You can also mix one scoop of Muscle Blast and one scoop of HGH Stimulate and drink it before and during your workout. If you are tired, add 1/2 of a Purple Sticks-Acai-Natural Energy Boost. Stay away from coffee, alcohol, and sugar as they will cause aging effects.
- Use organic cosmetics, and a good company is Mineral Fusion. You can buy and try this at most local health food stores.
- Use a good, clean facial sunscreen under your makeup. This will help to prevent damage from the sun’s harmful rays.
If you have any questions about this protocol or any of the products mentioned, please feel free to call our office at 800.726.1834